Are you familiar with dental sealants and have you ever visited your oral health care professionals to determine if dental sealants are right for you? A dental sealant is a reliable preventative restoration treatment that is designed to help protect the chewing surfaces of teeth from tooth decay. When a dental sealant is applied, a thin coating is spread across the chewing surfaces of teeth to help add an additional layer of protection. Additional benefits of dental sealants include the following:
– Dental sealants are safe for children and have been proven in studies by the Center for Disease Control to help prevent cavities in children. In fact, children with sealants in place are up to three times less likely to develop cavities on protected teeth.
– A single dental sealant can provide up to ten years of protection.
– Dental sealants are effective in adults for lowering the risk of tooth decay by as much as 80 percent from a single application.
– Dental sealants are often used to help provide additional enamel protection, as they can resist acids that would otherwise chew through your natural tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants can go on clear so that they will not stand out and disrupt the aesthetic beauty of your smile.
If you have any concerns about your dental sealants, visit our dentist for an inspection. Would you like to come visit our office to determine if dental sealants can improve your smile? If you are in need of a dental sealant protection from our team at Daniel J. Walker DDS at our dental office in Kailua Kona, Hawaii, please contact us at 808-329-8180 to schedule an appointment with us. Dr. Daniel J Walker and our team look forward to upgrading your smile!